RE:Tech - Hack New York City Real Estate!
Unlock the local real estate scene with apps that change the way people explore their communities.
RE:Tech is a community of innovators, thought-leaders, & startups in the real estate community. Real Estate has been a laggard in adopting to change. From residential to commercial, we all at some point interface with real estate. In an effort to disrupt and enhance the real estate experience, NYC's API (NYCOpenData) will be open to developers and offering prizes for innovative Mobile Apps or Web Software that enhance one of the following categories:
- Commercial Real Estate
- Residential Real Estate
- Retail Real Estate
The most successful submissions will include new ways for customer (B2C) or professionals (B2B) to engage and enhance the real estate experience in one of the following areas; Leasing, Brokerage, Property Management, Investment Sales, Appraisal/Valuation, and Development/Design/Architecture, in Commerical and/or Residential Real Estate. From simple additions like integration with social media platforms - to - more elaborate search, leasing, & management platforms. All submissions must include data from NYCOpenData. In addition, submissions can also include other open data sources that pertain to real estate.
The Top 10 Innovative Submissions will have the opportunity to demo live at the RE:Tech Summit 2014 (June 24, 2014). One Grand Prize Winner will be selected at this years RE:Tech Summit.
How will you change New York Real Estate?
The Challenge is open to individuals at least 18 years of age, or teams of eligible individuals.
- All submissions must directly be real estate related.
- Apps & Software must utilize NYCOpenData, which includes building new apps or modifying existing ones.
- Accepted platforms for submissions include: iOS, Android, or Web.
How to enter
- You must register to access the submission form.
- Create a demonstration video (YouTube or Vimeo) that includes footage that walks through and clearly explains your platforms features and functionality.
- Provide a way for us to access your platform by including an installation file with your submission, sharing a test build, or by providing a URL where your platform can be accessed for testing and judging.
- Submit your platform by providing: a) access to your app for testing; b) screenshots of your working app; c) a video (YouTube/Vimeo) demonstrating your working platform.
For access to the API, click here.
CEO, Kushner & Co, Commercial Observer, & WiredNYC
Co-Founder, WeWork Labs
Partner, Massey Knakal
Program Management, Global Real Estate, Salesforce.com
Union Square Ventures
Quality of the Idea
Quality of the idea underlying the Submission, including creativity and originality of the idea.
Implementation of the Idea
Implementation of the idea underlying the Submission, including how well the idea was executed by Makers.
Impact of the Idea
Potential impact, including the potential impact and value provided to enhance the real estate sector.